DUBAI: All schools and colleges in the UAE will close for four weeks starting from Sunday following growing fears over coronavirus in the country, state owned news agency WAM reported on Tuesday night.
“The Education Ministry announces early start of spring vacation for schools,” state news agency Wam tweeted late on Tuesday.
Spring break, which was due to begin on March 15 will now begin on March 8 and last for four weeks instead of the originally planned three.
Read More
- Oman’s RO 6 million Automobile City Project in Salalah reaches 45% completion
- Oman to host GCC history and archaeology forum in Dhofar with over 180 experts
- More than 33,000 students secure higher education offers in Oman’s first admission round
- SalamAir to add weekly Muscat-Duqm flight from September 3
- Oman boosts Dhofar road network as Khareef visitors set to cross 1 million
According to the tweet, students will attend classes virtually through its distance learning initiative during the break.
Meanwhile, the UAE Ministry of Health and Prevention on Tuesday announced six new cases of coronavirus.
The six individuals include two Russians, two Italians, one German and one Colombian – all connected to the previous cases associated with the UAE Tour cycling event.
The ministry said the individuals are in a stable condition and are receiving all necessary care required. “The total number of coronavirus cases has reached 27,” the ministry said, adding that five of the previously reported cases have fully recovered.





