Muscat: An Indian man wanted for the murder of five members of an Omani family in Bidiyah, North Sharqiyah in July, has been arrested by the Indian police in the western state of Gujarat, Times of India reported on Tuesday.
An Omani and three children were killed on July 29 by a group of expats who came to their house to repair air conditioners. The accused were able to flee the country due to delay in reporting the crime, the Royal Oman Police had earlier said.
According to Indian media reports, the Gujarat anti-terrorist squad (ATS) nabbed Mujibullah Mohammed Hanif from Ahmedabad.
Read More
- Oman to host GCC history and archaeology forum in Dhofar with over 180 experts
- More than 33,000 students secure higher education offers in Oman’s first admission round
- SalamAir to add weekly Muscat-Duqm flight from September 3
- Oman boosts Dhofar road network as Khareef visitors set to cross 1 million
- Muscat Municipality warns against installing unlicensed speed bumps
ROP had provided the accused’s age details, photograph and telephone number, based on which Gujarat ATS swooped in on Mujibullah, who was staying with a relative in the city.
“We kept watch at the Ahmedabad airport and activated human and technical intelligence units. This week, a call was made to the number provided by the ROP. We got the location of the caller and caught Mujibullah,” an investigator was quoted as saying by Times of India.
ATS officials said they have handed Mujibullah over to the Interpol unit of Central Bureau of Investigation. “After a thorough interrogation, he will be handed over to the ROP,” an official said.
The incident happened on July 29, where the Omani national, his wife and three children aged 12, 9 and 6 six years were murdered. —- Agencies





