Manama: Bahrain executed two citizens by firing squad on Saturday on terror charges, officials said.
The prosecutor announced the first such executions in the kingdom for more than two years but did not identify the pair.
The convicts were put to death along with a third death row prisoner found guilty of murder.
Read More
- Heavy rains sweep across North Al Sharqiyah, wadis flow in several Wilayats in Oman
- Oman, Türkiye review growing ties and regional developments
- Oman’s RO 6 million Automobile City Project in Salalah reaches 45% completion
- Oman to host GCC history and archaeology forum in Dhofar with over 180 experts
- More than 33,000 students secure higher education offers in Oman’s first admission round
Their families had been called to the prison on Friday for a final visit, a rights group member said.
The two executed were arrested separately in February 2017 and sentenced to death in January last year after a mass trial with 58 other defendants.
The pair was convicted of “forming a terror group” which went on to carry out a series of armed attacks in the kingdom.
The attacks included the storming of the kingdom’s Jaw prison in January 2017 that killed a guard and led to the escape of 10 detainees, the prosecutor said.





