MUSCAT: The United Nations General Assembly observed a minute silence to remember His Majesty Sultan Qaboos bin Said who passed away on January 10.
On Monday, as a mark of respect, the UN lowered its flag at half-mast. Earlier on Saturday, Secretary-General Antonio Guterres has extended his profound condolences to the Royal family, the Government and people of Oman on the passing of Sultan Qaboos Bin Said, who passed away late Friday at the age of 79.
The UN chief said the Sultan was also committed to spreading messages of peace, understanding and coexistence in the region and globally, earning the respect of his people and those in the region and beyond.
Read More
- Royal Oman Police earn global recognition for AI-driven traffic safety efforts
- Oman, Iran Foreign Ministers discuss regional developments and maritime security
- Oman stocks up over 20,000 tonnes of produce ahead of Eid-Al-Adha
- Oman’s farms cut costs with renewable energy
- Oman intensifies efforts to protect sea turtles





