MUSCAT: The Supreme Committee has decided to exempt Wilayat of Sur from full lockdown restrictions for two more days, in the wake of heavy rainfall and floods.
In a statement issued, the committee said it has decided to extend the permit of movement of individuals and also allowed the opening of food stores, bakeries, restaurants, building materials stores, electrical and sanitary materials, and fodder stores in Wilayat of Sur from 7am until 5pm on Thursday (July 22) and Friday (July 23).
Sur has been battered by days of heavy rain and floods. Earlier the committee had eased restrictions in Sur on July 20 and 21.
- It’s not over yet: Oman’s Health Minister urges people to continue adhering to COVID-19 preventive measures
- Oman lifts ban on events, exhibitions, sports activities
- Explained: Fully vaccinated worshippers allowed entry for Friday prayers in Oman mosques
- Friday prayers to resume across Oman mosques
- COVID-19: Oman records 114 new cases, 1 death in 3 days