MUSCAT: Ministry of Health on Thursday issued home isolation guidelines for those patients infected with coronavirus.
Following are the guidelines that must be followed:
- Stay in a well-ventilated single room with an attached toilet. Do not go out unless you need to visit a health care institution.
- Only one assigned family member should take care of the isolated person.
- The caregiver should wear surgical masks and use disposable gloves when attending the isolated person, and should dispose them after use, then wash hands using soap and water immediately.
- Visitors and family visits should not be allowed during isolation.
- Wash hands as often thoroughly with soap and water.
- Avoid sharing household items, like dishes, drinking glasses , and towels with other family members. Household items should be allocated for the isolated person.
- The isolated person should clean his room and toilet daily by shaking the soiled linen.
- Clean the clothes and other linens used by the isolated person separately and keep them away from the clothes of other people at home.
- The home isolation period is for 14 days. The isolated person should not end his isolation unless informed by health care providers who supervise him.
- The isolated person should wear surgical masks when visited by a medical team or visit a health care institution.
Non adherence to isolation procedure will make you liable to prosecution according to communicable diseases law 32/2020.