MUSCAT: The Royal Oman Police is using drones to disseminate the critical message of avoiding public spaces, to fight the spread of coronavirus (Covid-19)
A video posted by ROP on their social media channels shows drones being used to relay officers’ instructions to citizens and residents to stay home and avoid stepping out unless absolutely necessary.
The messages in Arabic, English and Hindi urged people to avoid doing anything that jeopardises their life and public health. The police asked the residents to stay home, avoid crowded places and protect themselves and their families.
- It’s not over yet: Oman’s Health Minister urges people to continue adhering to COVID-19 preventive measures
- Oman lifts ban on events, exhibitions, sports activities
- Explained: Fully vaccinated worshippers allowed entry for Friday prayers in Oman mosques
- Friday prayers to resume across Oman mosques
- COVID-19: Oman records 114 new cases, 1 death in 3 days