MUSCAT: The Supreme Committee tasked with dealing the coronavirus crises is holding the first virtual press conference at the Ministry of Health headquarters.
Catch all the Live updates here:
- Health Minister: If early measures were not taken, we would have been 10,000 cases every month and hundreds in intensive care department.
- Health Minister: The level of the virus is still very high and we are running out of beds in intensive care units.
- Health Minister: Among the 231 cases, 57 have recovered.
- Some countries have sought Oman’s help in providing them with medical supplies for their patients which indicates that the situation across the world is critical: Health Minister
- People staying in Muttrah can no longer donate blood until further notice, says Health Minister
- Health Minister: We may lockdown more wilayals if the numbers rise.
- Health Minister says: The security agencies closed Wilayat Muttrah because it is the epicenter of coronavirus. Community transfer can easily happen there and to avoid that the authorities completely closed Muttrah.
- Health Minister: Among the 231 cases, 20% are in critical condition.
- Health workers are on the first line of defences. We have every right to thank them: Health Minister
- The infection rate is higher among men ( 53% ) compared to women (47%): Health Minister
- Undersecretary of Ministry of Commerce: There is no shortage for food commodities.
- Undersecretary of Ministry of Commerce: We will launch an online app for Al Mawaleh Fruits and Vegetables Market so that people can shop groceries online and avoid rush.
- Chairman of Public Authority for Radio & Television: Media has a major role in fighting this coronavirus epidemic. Media should help us fight rumours in this current situation.