MUSCAT: Oman’s Ministry of Manpower has imposed a ban on hiring expats in certain professions in the private sector.
The decision to ban which is part of the Sultanate’s Omanisation process was issued by His Excellency Abdullah Al Bakri on Sunday.
The following jobs are now banned for expats and are restricted to only Omanis.
- Oman’s Minister of Health meets Chinese envoy
- Oman records 518 new cases, 14 deaths in 24 hours
- Procedures under study for those who refuse to take COVID-19 vaccine in Oman: Minister
- Electricity bills: People with financial difficulties can pay dues in instalments, says Oman official
- 3-5 star hotel revenues reach OMR 37 million till June 2021
- Sales Representstive / Sales Promoter
- Purchase Representative.
As per the decision, these visas will not be issued to expatriate workers after its expiry.
According to the National Centre of Statistics and Information, there are 1.7 million foreign workers in the Sultanate.
This is a developing story.