Muscat: The 2020 Tour of Oman scheduled to take place next month has been cancelled, following the passing of His Majesty Sultan Qaboos bin Said bin Taimur, highly placed sources told The Arabian Stories on Wednesday.
“All we can tell you at this point is that the Tour is cancelled,” said an official from the organising committee.
The six stage event which was due to be held on February 16. The decision to cancel the most popular race comes days after the government cancelled Muscat Festival which was scheduled to take place this month.
Last week, the Ministry of Tourism ordered the hotels to cancel all festivals, music shows and art events to commemorate the demise of Sultan Qaboos for 40-days.