Muscat: As the nation mourns the demise of His Majesty Sultan Qaboos bin Said, the Ministry of Tourism has asked hotels in the country to stop hosting any events which includes music for forty-days.
Oman had earlier declared a three-day mourning period which ended on Tuesday and the flag to be kept at half-mast for forty days.
According to a statement issued, the Ministry requested hotels to stop holding any concerts, arts or musical performances during the forty-day period.
“This also includes not using music in private events as well. We are praying on God to have mercy on the late His Majesty Sultan Qaboos bin Said bin Taimour,” the statement added.