MUSCAT: Chest X-ray is now mandatory for job visa renewal process, the Ministry of Health has said.
Earlier, for visa renewal, one had to go for only blood test at the Department of Diseases Surveillance and Control centres across the country.
Quoting an official, Muscat Dailyreported that from April 1, the requirement for chest X-ray has been made mandatory for employment visas.
- High caffeine consumption linked to increased risk of blinding eye disease: Study
- Aida Al Busaidi masters breathing techniques from yoga expert Dr. Kavitha Ramakrishna
- Mothers’ use of paracetamol during pregnancy linked to ADHD, autism symptoms in children
- Study suggests green tea may help fight COVID-19
- COVID-19 pandemic led to increased screen time, more sleep problems: Study
The X-ray is to be done at approved private medical centres before visiting the MoH centres for blood test.
“All are requested to have chest X-ray posteroanterior (PA) view done at approved private medical centres in Oman. The report has to be brought at the time of medical fitness examination at our centres effective April 1, 2019,” read a notice at the ministry’s Darsait centre.
Chest X-ray helps detect strains of tuberculosis (TB) present in lungs. To completely eradicate TB from Oman, the Ministry of Health has stepped up measures to control the communicable disease.
Renewal of visa used to cost RO 371 and after the X-ray requirement it is expected will go up by RO10.