MUSCAT: A new private hospital that has 100 beds, 40 specialty clinics and nine Centers of Excellence will be opened in Oman in the last quarter of 2020. Located in Al Ghubrah, the new hospital will further boost the development of healthcare in the country.
Al Afia Healthcare Development Company, jointly owned by Oman Brunei Investment Company, Suhail Bahwan Holding Group, and IdealMed Group, announced the start of construction of the hospital on Monday.
The foundation event was attended by Dr Ahmed Mohammed al Saeedi, Minister of Health at the construction site in the presence of AbdulSalam Mohammed al Murshidi, executive president of the State General Reserve Fund.
- Study finds school closures led to better sleep, quality of life for teens
- Nasal vaccine might help fight new COVID-19 variants: Study
- Daily yoghurt intake might manage high blood pressure: Study
- Study finds whole fat dairy as good as low fat for kids
- Pairing fasting with exercise can boost health outcomes: Study
“The IdealMed Muscat Hospital is considered to be one of the landmark investment projects in the private sector, and will contribute to economic diversification as well as create job opportunities for the Omani youth,” the officials said.
The IdealMed Muscat Hospital is the first project by Al Afia Healthcare Development Company, with more healthcare projects and investments expected in the long term.