MUSCAT: A new private hospital that has 100 beds, 40 specialty clinics and nine Centers of Excellence will be opened in Oman in the last quarter of 2020. Located in Al Ghubrah, the new hospital will further boost the development of healthcare in the country.
Al Afia Healthcare Development Company, jointly owned by Oman Brunei Investment Company, Suhail Bahwan Holding Group, and IdealMed Group, announced the start of construction of the hospital on Monday.
The foundation event was attended by Dr Ahmed Mohammed al Saeedi, Minister of Health at the construction site in the presence of AbdulSalam Mohammed al Murshidi, executive president of the State General Reserve Fund.
- High caffeine consumption linked to increased risk of blinding eye disease: Study
- Aida Al Busaidi masters breathing techniques from yoga expert Dr. Kavitha Ramakrishna
- Mothers’ use of paracetamol during pregnancy linked to ADHD, autism symptoms in children
- Study suggests green tea may help fight COVID-19
- COVID-19 pandemic led to increased screen time, more sleep problems: Study
“The IdealMed Muscat Hospital is considered to be one of the landmark investment projects in the private sector, and will contribute to economic diversification as well as create job opportunities for the Omani youth,” the officials said.
The IdealMed Muscat Hospital is the first project by Al Afia Healthcare Development Company, with more healthcare projects and investments expected in the long term.