MUSCAT: Oman Embassy in Lebanon has confirmed that all Omani citizens are safe after a massive explosion rocked capital Beirut on Tuesday, leaving many feared dead and a “considerable number of people” injured.
“The embassy offers sincere condolences and sympathy to the families of the victims and also pray for those who were injured during the unfortunate incident,” the statement from Oman embassy said.
The two explosions ripped through Beirut on Tuesday evening that killed at least 78 people and wounded around 4,000.
Read More
- Oman Customs details duty reductions and trade benefits under India CEPA
- Oman Maritime Security Centre urges boat passengers to follow safety measures
- Oman Human Rights Commission urges public to follow water safety guidance during oil spills
- Indian Embassy in Oman opens applications for 89th Know India Programme
- Royal Oman Police rescues injured mountaineer in Al Sharqiyah
It’s still unclear what exactly caused the explosion, which appears to have been centered on the city’s port area. It was earlier blamed on a fire that broke out.
Lebanon’s Prime Minister said that an estimated 2,750 tons of the explosive ammonium nitrate had been stored at a warehouse in Beirut for six years.





