Riyadh – The Public Investment Fund (PIF), Saudi Arabia’s sovereign wealth fund, will build King Salman International Airport, which would stretch over 57sqkms and include current King Khaled airport, the Agency reported.
The announcement comes within the framework of the government strategy to become a global transportation and logistics hub by 2030, with Riyadh airport as the operation base of a brand new airline.
The King Salman Airport would create 103,000 direct and indirect jobs, handle 185 million travelers, and process 3.5 million tons of cargo by 2050.
- 13 killed as wildfires rip through south-central Chile
- Indigo’s profits fly almost 1,000 pc in December quarter
- Kerala: 543 grams of gold recovered at Kochi airport from passenger
- Calicut-bound Air India Express flight lands in Abu Dhabi after flames detected mid-air
- Pak Rupee loses ground against dollar in interbank market