MUSCAT: The Consumer Protection Authority (CPA) has banned the usage of Liquid mosquito killer Par Par in the country and suppliers have been urged to withdraw the product from the market.
In a statement issued, CPA said anyone breaching the Consumer Protection Law will be fined between OMR 50 to OMR 1000. “The penalty shall be doubled in case of repetition. In case if this violation continues, an administration penalty of OMR 50 shall be imposed for each day of violation to a limit of OMR 2,000,” CPA added.
The decision to ban the product which is made in China comes after it failed to meet the approved specification standards. “The available quantities of the product mentioned in the first article shall be withdrawn from the Sultanate of Oman’s markets,” CPA added.
- Younis Al Harrasi appointed CEO of Tibiaan Properties
- Oman expresses condolences on death of India’s defence chief General Bipin Rawat
- Gaurav Anil Nahar honoured with TAS ICON award from The Arabian Stories
- Royal Oman Police activates Empty Quarter border checkpoint
- Alia Al Farsi honoured with TAS ICON award from The Arabian Stories