MUSCAT: The Supreme Committee has no plans to close the airport or stop flights from any destination at the moment, Oman’s Minister of Health said on Monday.
Addressing the Supreme Committee press meet, His Excellency Dr. Ahmed Al Saidi said “Delta mutated is now universally popular, if the Supreme Committee decides to return to the classification of countries (red / green / yellow) it will return to it, but there is no intention at the moment for any closures.”
“There is no intention to close the airport or stop flights from any destination at the present time,” he further clarified.
- ‘Thank you for your generous hospitality’: Mohammed Bin Salman praises His Majesty Sultan Haitham
- Empty Quarter desert road will strengthen connectivity between Oman, Saudi: Minister
- 2021 the best year for us despite challenges: SalamAir CEO
- Passengers in Oman’s airports reach more than 2.8M till September 2021
- Saudi Crown Prince concludes his visit to Oman
Speaking about the pandemic situation in Oman, the Minister said: “The current situation in the Sultanate of Oman is comfortable and reassuring, but the epidemic is still ongoing, and the virus has not disappeared worldwide, and there are new mutations, especially in European countries.”
Oman on Monday registered zero deaths and eight new Covid-19 cases.