MUSCAT: Shopping malls, cinemas, shops, restaurants and cafes must operate only at 50 per cent of its capacity, authorities have warned on Friday.
In a statement issued, the Government Communication Centre (GC) said establishments violating the Supreme Committee decisions will penalized. “Entry to complexes, shops, restaurants, and cafés is still limited to 50% of capacity only,” GC said in the statement.
Meanwhile, Muscat Municipality has also informed theaters to open only at 50% capacity while adhering to strict COVID-19 protocols. Earlier on Thursday, the Ministry of Heritage and Tourism penalised a number of tourist and hotel establishments for violating the Supreme Committee decisions. Oman is witnessing a surge in new coronavirus infections including a rise in hospital cases.
- Oman’s Supreme Committee to hold press conference on June 24
- Oman Sail to host 50th edition of World Youth Sailing Championships
- More than 3,000 people vaccinated on first day at Oman Convention and Exhibition Centre
- Four commercial establishments in Barka violates Supreme Committee decisions
- ICU cases rise to new high in Oman
Liked this story? We’ll send you more. Subscribe to TAS newsletter and get stories delivered to your inbox. Click to get started.