MUSCAT : The Royal Air Force of Oman (RAFO) is currently taking part in the joint (Tquwaiq 2) Drill in the Kingdom of
Saudi Arabia (KSA).
The drill, which continues till 16 June, is conducted at Prince Sultan Air Base with participation of many armed forces from brotherly countries.
Within the framework of the drill, the RAFO executed a number of joint operational military tasks backed by the Sultan of Oman’s Parachute Regiment (SOPR) and the Sultan’s Special Force (SSF).
- Oman records 41 deaths, more than 2,000 new Covid cases in 24 hours
- 18% of Oman’s population receives COVID-19 vaccine
- Three more commercial establishments violate Covid-19 rules in Oman
- Oman’s Supreme Committee to hold press conference on June 24
- Oman Sail to host 50th edition of World Youth Sailing Championships
The drill aims to strengthen cooperation bonds between the brotherly countries, as well as exchanging experiences in tactical airdrops and achieving operational compatibility and integration.
Liked this story? We’ll send you more. Subscribe to TAS newsletter and get stories delivered to your inbox. Click to get started.