MUSCAT: Dr Kadhim Jafar Al Lawatia, a senior consultant in cardiology and the Director General of Specialized Medical Care at the Ministry of Health has won the Arab Doctor Award 2021.
Dr Kadhim was given awarded in recognition of his contributions in the field of developing the cardiology services at the local, regional and international level.
“The award targets physicians of Health field and its various branches and health sciences in Arab world or those working abroad with distinct initiatives carried out within Arab lands and lead to the enhancement of health services,” MOH said in a statement.
- Oman Sail to host 50th edition of World Youth Sailing Championships
- More than 3,000 people vaccinated on first day at Oman Convention and Exhibition Centre
- Four commercial establishments in Barka violates Supreme Committee decisions
- ICU cases rise to new high in Oman
- Oman records 31 deaths, over 2,500 new Covid cases in 24 hours
The Arab Doctor Award promotes innovations and health programs to achieve progress in primary health care , aiming at encouraging constant development of such actions.
Liked this story? We’ll send you more. Subscribe to TAS newsletter and get stories delivered to your inbox. Click to get started.