MUSCAT: In the wake of rising coronavirus cases, the Ministry of Heritage and Tourism has penalised a number of tourist and hotel establishments for violating the Supreme Committee decisions.
In a statement issued, the Ministry said it has also closed a hotel completely for not adhering to the COVID-19 precautionary measures. However, the Ministry did not reveal the name and details about the hotel.
“Ministry of Heritage and Tourism represented by the hotel establishments quality control team, with the participation of specialists from the Ministries of Health and Labour, imposed strict penalties against tourist and hotel establishments, including completely closing a hotel for violating the decisions issued by the Supreme Committee and its commitment to precautionary measures,” Ministry said in the statement.
- Oman Sail to host 50th edition of World Youth Sailing Championships
- More than 3,000 people vaccinated on first day at Oman Convention and Exhibition Centre
- Four commercial establishments in Barka violates Supreme Committee decisions
- ICU cases rise to new high in Oman
- Oman records 31 deaths, over 2,500 new Covid cases in 24 hours
Liked this story? We’ll send you more. Subscribe to TAS newsletter and get stories delivered to your inbox. Click to get started.