MUSCAT: Omanis must be hired to practice some professions in shopping malls and supermarkets, starting from July 20, 2021, Ministry of Labour said on Sunday.
In a statement issued, the Ministry said only Omanis will be practicing the following professions in shopping malls and supermarkets based on ministerial decree no. 2021 / 8.
- Customer service, cashier, currency exchange and administration
- Shelf trackers
“The Ministry of Labour announces to owners of shopping malls and supermarkets to adhere to the ministerial decree no. 2021 / 8 which will be implemented starting from July 20, 2021,” the statement said.
- Man goes missing from hospital, Royal Oman Police issues notice
- COVID-19: Over 200 patients admitted in Oman hospitals in 24 hours
- Covid crackdown continues, seven commercial establishments fined in Oman
- Oman registers 34 deaths, over 2,000 new Covid cases in 24 hours
- Oman to grant long-term residency to expat investors from September
The Ministry also urged every one to adhere to the decision in order to avoid penalties against violators. “Work permits for these professions will not be renewed for expat workers after the expiry of their contract,” Ministry added.