I extend warm greetings and heartiest felicitations to all members of the Indian community living in the Sultanate of Oman on the occasion of 72nd Republic Day of India. On behalf of the Government and people of India, including the Indian community in Oman, I extend best wishes to His Majesty Sultan Haitham Bin Tarik on first anniversary of his accession. I also take this opportunity to convey greetings and best wishes to the Government and people of Oman for the continued peace, progress and prosperity of Oman.
2. The year 2020 was a difficult year for all of us, as the whole world was affected by COVID19 pandemic. The global health emergency showed the importance of concerted global action. India shouldered its global responsibilities and extended support to our friends and partners and emerged as the “Pharmacy of the World”. With the launch of COVID19 vaccines, all of us look ahead with hope and the end of the pandemic seems nearer. As India rolls out the largest vaccine drive in the world, which has no parallel in the history of mankind, we remain committed to helping other countries also, under our guiding philosophy of Vasudhaiva Kutumbakam – the entire world is one family. Prime Minister Narendra Modi has assured that India’s vaccine production capacity will serve the interest of the whole humanity.
3. India’s fight against COVID has been characterized by confidence and compassion. The COVID19 pandemic united the nation and the collective power that India displayed in the fight against Corona will serve as an inspiration for many generations to come. The Aatmanirbhar Bharat Abiyan (Self Reliant India) was announced by PM Modi in the wake of COVID19 pandemic for enhancing national capacities of India and make stronger contribution globally. In India’s approach of self reliance, there is a concern for the whole world’s happiness and peace. India’s diaspora across the world will be an important partner in the national endeavor towards self reliance. At the same time our quest for self reliance will be based on global partnerships with our friends and partners, opening up new opportunities for enhancing cooperation.
4. The Sultanate of Oman is a close friend and trusted partner of India. Our two countries have always enjoyed very close relations that have evolved into a vibrant strategic partnership in recent years based on our shared values, common interests and convergence in approaches. Robust defence & security cooperation, rapidly growing economic ties, and extensive people-to-people contacts are key pillars of this strategic partnership.
5. The COVID crisis has demonstrated the depth and resilience of India-Oman strategic partnership. Close engagement and cooperation continued between both the countries in addressing the urgent matters related to the pandemic. I would like to convey gratitude to the Government of Oman for taking good care of the Indian Diaspora residing in Oman during COVID19 pandemic. Both the countries were also able to sustain momentum in consolidation of the strategic relationship through regular high-level engagements even during the COVID19 pandemic.
6. As we look ahead to post-COVID19 era, there are immense opportunities for the expansion of India-Oman strategic partnership. India can be a strong and resilient partner for Oman in all priority areas identified under Vision 2040. There are strong complementarities between both our countries in several areas. Oman can benefit from India’s capabilities in the new areas of Space, Pharmaceuticals, IT and Cyber technologies. India is already partnering with Oman in its capacity building efforts through the ITEC Programme, and looks to scale it up post-COVID.
7. India accords high priority to its strategic partnership with Oman and remains committed to further increasing cooperation in existing as well as new areas. We hope that India-Oman bilateral cooperation will reach new heights in the coming years. The Embassy of India looks forward to working closely with the Government and people of Oman as well as the Indian diaspora in Oman towards this objective.