Not a torte, not a mousse, not a pudding, but a cake which actually tastes of chocolate: fluffy and light enough to eat at tea time, rich enough to serve with a dollop of creme fraiche for dessert. Here’s how you can cook a perfect chocolate cake.
2 cups sugar
1-3/4 cups flour
3/4 cup cocoa powder
1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
2 teaspoons baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup milk
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup boiling water
Preheat oven to 350°F.
Grease and flour your baking pan (see size information in the notes below) or line your muffin pan with paper liners for cupcakes.
In a large bowl, combine sugar, flour, cocoa, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
Add eggs, milk, oil and vanilla to dry mixture and mix with an electric mixer on medium for about 2 minutes. Gently mix in boiling water.
Note: Your batter will seem thin, it’s ok.. it’s supposed to!
Pour into pans and bake. Cool on wire racks.
- Experience the spirit of Ramadan at Sheraton Oman Hotel
- Nissei introduces soft serve ice cream in Japan
- Flavours of Turkey at Hormuz Grand Muscat
- These Muscat restaurants are curating a delicious menu to make your Christmas special
- Four chefs worked 48-hours non-stop to build the largest gingerbread house in Muscat