Friday, May 22, 2026

Oman News

Coronavirus cases likely to increase in Oman, says Minister of Health

The number of coronavirus (Covid-19) cases is likely to increase in Oman.

TAS News Service

info@thearabianstories.com

Tuesday, March 24, 2020

MUSCAT: The number of coronavirus (Covid-19) cases is likely to increase in Oman, His Excellency Dr. Ahmed Al Saidi, Minister of Health said on Tuesday.

Speaking in an interview with Oman TV, the Minister said according to stats, if preventive measures are not followed, the number of coronavirus cases could touch 15,000 in the country.

Oman on Tuesday confirmed 88 cases of coronavirus of which 17 have recovered.

“The number of cases are increasing and it is important for all to join forces to limit the spread of the virus,” Al Saidi said.

“The only way to deal with the virus is through social distancing and to improve our personal hygiene,” he said.

“There are no death cases due to coronavirus so far but we cannot rule our that possibility tomorrow,” he said.

Speaking about those who are violating quarantine procedures, the Minister said: “We have mechanisms that can be used in tracking violators electronically,” he added.

Close