Thursday, August 20, 2026

World News

Latest International News : Saudi airport attack: Survivors recount Houthi shocking moments

Iran behind airport attack, says Saudi coalition

Evidence points to Iranian Revolutionary Guards supplying Al Houthis with the weapons to target the kingdom

Latest International News : Saudi airport attack: Survivors recount Houthi shocking moments

TAS News Service

info@thearabianstories.com

Thursday, June 13, 2019

Riyadh: A missile terror attack by Yemen’s Al Houthi targeted a civilian airport in southern Saudi Arabia on Wednesday, injuring at least 26 and triggering a sharp warning from the Saudi-led military coalition that it would respond firmly.

Evidence points to Iranian Revolutionary Guards supplying Al Houthis with the weapons to target the kingdom, Al Arabiya TV quoted the coalition as saying.

A coalition statement said three women and two children were among the wounded, who were of Saudi, Yemeni and Indian nationalities.

It added the attack could amount to a war crime. “This attack also proves this militia’s acquisition of new special weapons; the continuation of the Iranian support and practice of cross-border terrorism…” the coalition’s English-language statement said.

The attack follows an armed drone strike last month on two oil-pumping stations in the kingdom that were claimed by the militia.

Al Houthis have previously targeted Saudi cities with drones and missiles, most of which have been intercepted. In March 2018 an Egyptian was killed in Riyadh by missile shrapnel.

Close