Muscat: An Oman-based Indian man has won USD 1 million at the Dubai Duty Free Millennium Millionaire draw, a media report said on Tuesday.
Raghu Krishnamurthy has become the 143rd Indian to have won USD 1 million at the draw, the Khaleej Times reported, adding that he was not aware of his fortune till now.
Launched in 1999, the Dubai Duty Free Millennium Millionaire Promotion offers 5,000 ticket holders the chance to win a staggering USD1 million, according to its website.
- Submit VAT returns on time to avoid fine: Tax Authority
- VAT in Oman: Submit returns on time to avoid penalties, says Tax Authority
- Over 1.5 million vehicles registered till June 2021 in Oman
- UAE to allow fully vaccinated expat residents from India, Pakistan to return
- Expat arrested for stealing money in Oman
Following the announcement, a presentation for the previous winner of the draw 40-year Indian national Ratheesh Kumar Raveendran Nair was held.
He won USD 1 million in series 300 with ticket number 1608, the paper reported.
In addition, two more Indian nationals will be taking home stylish BMW motorbikes.
Srinivas Kriram, who bought his ticket number 0641 in Series 367, won a BMW R NineT Racer, while Mahroof Babu won a BMW R Ninet Urban/GS in Series 368 with ticket number 0891, the paper said.