MUSCAT: Pushing back USA and Italy to the second and third position, Oman has been selected as the best road trip destination by Conde Nast Traveller Middle East readers.
“Few places in the region offer quite the level of landscape diversity, warm hospitality and historical sight opportunities as Oman. So, it’s not surprising that our voters based in the GCC overwhelmingly held up the Sultanate as best for a road trip. Whether you’re four-wheel-driving in Jabal Akhdar or cruising up the coast of Musandam, there are plenty of pretty views and fun-filled activities to keep travellers coming back for more,” the Conde Nast Traveller posted on its official website following the award announcement.
The Reader’s Choice Award 2018/19 was announced yesterday late at night.
- Oman records 41 deaths, more than 2,000 new Covid cases in 24 hours
- 18% of Oman’s population receives COVID-19 vaccine
- Three more commercial establishments violate Covid-19 rules in Oman
- Oman’s Supreme Committee to hold press conference on June 24
- Oman Sail to host 50th edition of World Youth Sailing Championships
Yesterday afternoon, The Arabian Stories had reported that Oman is one among the three in the final race for the best road trip destination.
Additionally, in the best cultural opening category, Royal Opera: House of Musical Arts, Muscat bagged the second position. While Louvre Abu Dhabi grabbed the first position, The Dubai Frame came third.