BENGALURU: 300 cars have been gutted in a big fire at the parking lot of the venue of the Aero Show in Bengaluru this afternoon, according to a senior police official.
Huge plumes of thick black smoke could be seen in the sky near the Yelahanka air base in north Bengaluru, where about a hundred aircraft are parked for the biennial aero event.
Fire-fighting operations are underway and 10 water engines have also been dispatched to the spot.
- TAS CEO Conclave: Thank you to our partners | The Arabian Stories
- TAS CEO Conclave: How manufacturers are preparing for a post-COVID-19 recovery
- Tourism industry will recover in 2022: PV Valsaraj | TAS CEO Conclave | The Arabian Stories
- E-commerce business has huge potential in Oman: Sharifa Al Barami | TAS CEO Conclave
- Lessons they don’t teach you in fashion school: Amal Al Raisi
“Totally about 300 cars burnt in the fire. Fire spread is controlled by creating a gap by removing adjacent cars. Fire under control now. No injuries or any harm to people reported. Likely cause: dry grass fire aided by heavy winds,” tweeted senior police official MN Reddi.
The five-day Aero Show started on Wednesday and will conclude tomorrow.