If you are hosting a holiday gathering, it’s easy to make it especially memorable with a table setting that is as festive and appealing as the food you serve on it. Sure, you’d rather enjoy the company of your family and friends than polish silver—and you can create a sparkling setting quickly and easily with the right tools and know-how:
Some simple tips for your most festive holiday table yet:
• Be bold with color. Make the colors truly pop by using sparkling silver platters for serving your holiday recipes. The best part is that you can spend your time preparing the meal, not polishing those platters. With the right products, just wipe and rinse for a bright, even finish to enhance your holiday presentation.
- Experience the spirit of Ramadan at Sheraton Oman Hotel
- Nissei introduces soft serve ice cream in Japan
- Flavours of Turkey at Hormuz Grand Muscat
- These Muscat restaurants are curating a delicious menu to make your Christmas special
- Four chefs worked 48-hours non-stop to build the largest gingerbread house in Muscat
• Mix and match dishware. Matching dishware is always a classic choice, but don’t be afraid to mix it up. Try different styles of dishware for different courses, or pair your grandmother’s vintage soup bowls with your contemporary plates. Tie it all together with bright, shiny silverware for a unique, elegant setting.
• Take coffee time to the next level. Nothing says “festive” like coffee and tea served from a sparkling silver tea set. Whether your silver coffee and tea set is vintage or new, make sure you’ve polished it to a spectacular finish. And don’t forget the silver dessert forks.
• Showcase family heirlooms. The holiday table is a perfect venue to showcase treasured family heirlooms. Use decorative silver pieces to create sparkle as the basis for your centerpiece, and surround them with pinecones, vintage holiday ornaments, fruit, flowers or whatever your imagination suggests. Most importantly, don’t forget to make sure they are polished.