Muscat: To honour the passing of His Majesty Sultan Qaboos bin Said, the United Nations has lowered its at half-mast.
Earlier on Saturday, UN Secretary-General António Guterres has extended his profound condolences to the Royal family, the Government and people of Oman on the passing of Sultan Qaboos Bin Said, who passed away late Friday at the age of 79.
The UN chief said the Sultan was also committed to spreading messages of peace, understanding and coexistence in the region and globally, earning the respect of his people and those in the region and beyond.
Read More
- Heavy rains sweep across North Al Sharqiyah, wadis flow in several Wilayats in Oman
- Oman, Türkiye review growing ties and regional developments
- Oman’s RO 6 million Automobile City Project in Salalah reaches 45% completion
- Oman to host GCC history and archaeology forum in Dhofar with over 180 experts
- More than 33,000 students secure higher education offers in Oman’s first admission round





