LONDON : Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor, formerly known as Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor, has been arrested on suspicion of misconduct in public office, British media reported on Thursday.
Thames Valley Police said in a statement that a man in his sixties from Norfolk was arrested on February 19 as part of an ongoing investigation. Officers are also conducting searches at addresses in Berkshire and Norfolk.
“The man remains in police custody at this time,” the force said. Police declined to identify the individual, citing national guidance, and urged caution in reporting as the case is now active to avoid contempt of court.
Read More
- Austria joins 85 nations at UN to condemn Israel’s illegal West Bank expansion
- Pakistan extends ban on Indian flights until March 23
- Japan reappoints Sanae Takaichi as prime minister following election victory
- Christchurch police investigation continues after major incident
- Bangladesh PM Tarique Rahman appoints Khalilur Rahman as Foreign Minister
Assistant Chief Constable Oliver Wright said an investigation had been formally opened following a detailed assessment of the allegation.
“It is important that we protect the integrity and objectivity of our investigation as we work with our partners to investigate this alleged offence,” Wright said, adding that authorities recognise the significant public interest and will provide updates when appropriate.
Andrew, who stepped back from royal duties and was stripped of his honorary military affiliations and royal patronages in 2022 over his links to convicted sex offender Jeffrey Epstein, has faced sustained scrutiny in both the UK and the United States.
British Prime Minister Keir Starmer said the former royal should cooperate with U.S. authorities in their investigation, though he did not comment directly on the arrest.
The investigation remains ongoing.
For all the latest news from Oman and GCC, follow us on Twitter, Instagram and LinkedIn, like us on Facebook and subscribe to our YouTube page, which is updated daily.





