MUSCAT : With Muscat Nights, the rebranded version of the iconic Muscat Festival set to begin on January 19, the authorities are working round-the-clock to ensure the 17-day cultural extravaganza is a hit.
Speaking to The Arabian Stories, Ahmed Mohammed Al Hamidi, Chairman of Muscat Municipality said the event will attract all communities. “This is something we have been working for a while and I am sure Muscat Nights will attract everyone,” Al Hamidi said.
Al Hamidi said 90% of the event’s contracts have been awarded to local companies. “We are discussing with other departments concerned to find a specialized alternative location for entertainment activities in future,” Al Hamidi informed.
- ROP announces partial closure of traffic during Iron Man World Championship
- ROP captures two on charges of theft from Egypt
- Cheque crimes top the list of Oman’s 10 most-occurring crimes in 2022
- Honourable Lady inaugurates National Autism Centre
- Oman’s Labour Ministry inks cooperation programme for on-the-job training
“We wanted this event to enhance innovation among ambitious youth, productive families and business owners by offering all these segments different areas to showcase their products in various locations of Muscat Nights venues, Al Hamidi added.
“Muscat Nights is a starting point for Muscat Municipality’s agenda for the current year,” he added.