MUSCAT: Located near the popular Fins beach in Quriyat, the Makala beach is a pristine destination, offering a quiet spot to camp or picnic. It also boasts a vivid marine life, which is one of most beautiful in the Governorate of Muscat. It is a perfect destination for tourists and camping enthusiasts from various places.
Mukala Beach is also famous for the coral reefs and turtles that inhabit its waters. The turtles come ashore at night to lay eggs in the nest they dig in the sand, before returning back to the sea. The calmness of the beach also attracts migratory birds.
- Oman Tourism : The village of Halhal – A wonderful destination for adventure tourism
- Oman Tourism: The villages of Wadi Mistel in Nakhal – a land of geographical diversity
- Oman Tourism: Ubar– The mysterious city of legends in Dhofar
- Oman Tourism: Experience ancient history and the beauty of nature at Jabal Al-Kour
- Wadi Shab: An exceptional recreational tour for adventure and nature lovers