NEW DELHI : Madhya Pradesh’s Indore has been ranked India’s cleanest city for the fifth time in a row by the Centre.
President Ram Nath Kovind on Saturday presented the Swachh Survekshan Awards 2021 at New Delhi’s Vigyan Bhawan.
Gujarat’s Surat was named the second cleanest city, while Vijayawada in Andhra Pradesh was ranked third in the list.
- India’s defence chief Bipin Rawat dies in helicopter crash
- UAE to shift to Saturday-Sunday weekend in line with global markets
- More Than 500K Visit Oman Pavilion at Expo 2020 Dubai
- Omicron variant now confirmed in ten US states
- US tightens COVID-19 measures over omicron variant concerns, stricter testing protocols for inbound international travellers
Gujarat’s Ahmedabad was conferred with Swachh Survekshan Awards for being the country’s cleanest cantonment.
Meanwhile, Chhattisgarh has been ranked as the country’s cleanest state.
Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s Lok Sabha constituency Varanasi bagged the cleanest ‘Ganga town’ award. (ANI)