MUSCAT: Indian superstar Dulquer Salmaan’s big budget film Kurup that has hit screens worldwide broke the first day collection records to become the pan-India actor’s biggest opener on a single-day.
According to reports, the movie has collected over INR 6 crore from theatres in Kerala alone in what could be a big relief for the Malayalam film industry post-pandemic. Movie pundits suggest that the crime thriller has also emerged as the third biggest opening day grosser worldwide, after Mohanlal’s Odiyan and Lucifer.
Kurup has opened across 1500+ screens worldwide on Friday in multiple languages – Malayalam, Tamil, Telugu, Kannada and Hindi. Directed by Srinath Rajendran, the movie revolve around the life of long-wanted Indian fugitive Sukumara Kurup. According to Film Exhibitors United Organisation of Kerala (FEUOK), tickets for the first three days are completely sold out in most theatres.
- Before watching Mohanlal’s Marakkar, know the life and history of India’s first Naval Commander
- Bryan Adams remains hospitalized in Italy after being tested COVID positive earlier
- Veteran Broadway composer Stephen Sondheim dies at 91
- Will Ryan, veteran Disney voice actor, dies at 72
- Karan Johar honoured with Padma Shri Award