MUSCAT: His Majesty Sultan Haitham Bin Tarik said he is closely following-up in person the measures taken to handle the tropical cyclone Shaheen relief efforts in the country.
On Tuesday, His Majesty Sultan Haitham Bin Tarik presided over a meeting of the Council of Ministers at Al Barakah Palace.
He gave his Royal directives to all sectors of the State to coordinate among them to devise a system of advanced mobilization to address the impacts of future emergencies, if any. This, His Majesty said, requires drafting strategic plans for the management of crises, bearing in mind future developments and the availability of all resources for the protection of the population against the direct impacts of cyclones.
- Cyclone Shaheen: Dar Al Atta’a to build 35 housing units in Oman
- Pakistan’s blazing form continues, beat New Zealand by 5 wickets
- Fuel quality in Oman: Here’s what Ministry says after testing samples from 40 filling stations
- Sohar International gets approval to start operations in Saudi Arabia
- Oman’s Ministry of Transport suspends movement of trucks on Sohar-Yanqul road
The system also requires activating the preparedness of all sectors and relief centres, revising the distribution and designs of residential units and infrastructure projects, as well as expanding drainage networks.