MUSCAT: His Excellency Dr. Ahmed Al Saidi, Minister of Health (MOH) has urged both citizens and residents to continue following the preventive measures despite significant drop in coronavirus cases and deaths in the country.
“This decline is attributed to several factors, the most important of which is the commitment of citizens and residents to precautionary measures and the expanded campaign for immunization against Covid 19, in which the percentage of vaccinated people has reached high levels and is increasing daily,” Al Saidi said.
Al Saidi said laxity in adhering to preventive measures may lead to a rise in cases. “We must not forget that during the height of this pandemic, the number of inpatients in intensive care units were 538 patients. We don’t want to go back to that stage,” Al Saidi added.
- Our youth have unlimited potential, says Sayyid Theyazin
- Cyclone Shaheen: Dar Al Atta’a to build 35 housing units in Oman
- Pakistan’s blazing form continues, beat New Zealand by 5 wickets
- Fuel quality in Oman: Here’s what Ministry says after testing samples from 40 filling stations
- Sohar International gets approval to start operations in Saudi Arabia
The Supreme Committee on Sunday lifted the ban on events, conferences, exhibitions, religious, cultural and sports activities. The committee also granted permission for mosques to reopen for Friday prayers.