MUSCAT: The Consumer Protection Authority (CPA) has announced the recall of all iPhone 12 and iPhone 12 Pro models manufactured during the period from October 2020 to April 2021.
The recall is being done in cooperation with Mi Store. In a notice issued, CPA said the reason for the recall is due to audio issues on a small percentage of devices. “A very small percentage of iPhone 12 and iPhone 12 Pro devices may experience sound issues due to a component that might fail on the receiver module. Affected devices were manufactured between October 2020 and April 2021. Accordingly, the company will work to fix the issue,” CPA said.
“These recalls confirm the efforts made by the authority, in cooperation with agencies, to provide the necessary protection to consumers through its continuous keenness to conduct continuous reviews of all products offered in the Sultanate’s markets,” the statement added.
- It’s not over yet: Oman’s Health Minister urges people to continue adhering to COVID-19 preventive measures
- Oman lifts ban on events, exhibitions, sports activities
- Explained: Fully vaccinated worshippers allowed entry for Friday prayers in Oman mosques
- Friday prayers to resume across Oman mosques
- COVID-19: Oman records 114 new cases, 1 death in 3 days