MUSCAT: The National Committee for Family Affairs today discussed a report on the 4th national review of Madrid International Plan of Action on Ageing. The report will be submitted by the Sultanate to the United Nations Economic and Social Commission for Western Asia (UN-ESCWA) by the end of September 2021.
The 2nd meeting of the National Committee for Family Affairs, held under the chair of Dr. Laila Ahmed Al Najjar, Minister of Social Development, approved minutes of the previous meeting.
The meeting also reviewed the recommendations implemented. It also discussed the multi-sector joint system for case management.
- It’s not over yet: Oman’s Health Minister urges people to continue adhering to COVID-19 preventive measures
- Oman lifts ban on events, exhibitions, sports activities
- Explained: Fully vaccinated worshippers allowed entry for Friday prayers in Oman mosques
- Friday prayers to resume across Oman mosques
- COVID-19: Oman records 114 new cases, 1 death in 3 days
Further, the meeting discussed the detailed memo of the Technical Secretariat of the National Committee for Family Affairs on Guidelines for Child Online Protection. These principles of policymakers were discussed. The meeting recommended to activate the Guidelines for Child Online Protection through media.