MUSCAT: The National Committee for Family Affairs today discussed a report on the 4th national review of Madrid International Plan of Action on Ageing. The report will be submitted by the Sultanate to the United Nations Economic and Social Commission for Western Asia (UN-ESCWA) by the end of September 2021.
The 2nd meeting of the National Committee for Family Affairs, held under the chair of Dr. Laila Ahmed Al Najjar, Minister of Social Development, approved minutes of the previous meeting.
The meeting also reviewed the recommendations implemented. It also discussed the multi-sector joint system for case management.
- Cyclone Shaheen: Dar Al Atta’a to build 35 housing units in Oman
- Pakistan’s blazing form continues, beat New Zealand by 5 wickets
- Fuel quality in Oman: Here’s what Ministry says after testing samples from 40 filling stations
- Sohar International gets approval to start operations in Saudi Arabia
- Oman’s Ministry of Transport suspends movement of trucks on Sohar-Yanqul road
Further, the meeting discussed the detailed memo of the Technical Secretariat of the National Committee for Family Affairs on Guidelines for Child Online Protection. These principles of policymakers were discussed. The meeting recommended to activate the Guidelines for Child Online Protection through media.