MUSCAT: Popular football club Suwaiq FC has signed former Oman captain Ahmed Mubarak, popularly known as ‘Kano’, the club confirmed on Saturday.
The midfielder who has been playing for Oman for more than 16 years is also credited with 179 to become the world’s most capped active international footballer.
Kano, who made his debut on September 25, 2003 against Nepal for the Red Warriors have been part of many achievements including being part of the maiden Gulf Cup title win in January, 2009 in Muscat and then leading Oman to their second Gulf Cup title in Kuwait in January 2018.
- It’s not over yet: Oman’s Health Minister urges people to continue adhering to COVID-19 preventive measures
- Oman lifts ban on events, exhibitions, sports activities
- Explained: Fully vaccinated worshippers allowed entry for Friday prayers in Oman mosques
- Friday prayers to resume across Oman mosques
- COVID-19: Oman records 114 new cases, 1 death in 3 days