CHENNAI : Academy Award-winning composer AR Rahman, on Monday, informed that he has received the first dose of the COVID-19 vaccine.
The 54-year-old actor took to Instagram and shared a selfie of himself and his son AR Ameen after getting vaccinated.
Alongside the picture, he wrote, “Vaccinated #1stjabdone #covishield have you?”
The Padma Bhushan winner is the latest addition to be vaccinated after Amitabh Bachchan, Shatrughan Sinha, Salman Khan, Sanjay Dutt, Hema Malini, Mohanlal, Jeetendra, Kamal Haasan, Nagarjuna, among others.
- ‘Trooping the Colour’: Queen Elizabeth beams watching parading soldiers in her honour
- Dilip Kumar to be discharged from hospital today
- Rajkumar Hirani, Karan Johar team up to vaccinate cine employees
- Veteran actor Dilip Kumar hospitalised after complaining of breathlessness
- Cannes Film Festival 2021 lineup to feature record number of women directors
AR Rahman is currently residing with his family in Chennai, Tamil Nadu. Though the COVID-19 cases have fallen in several states of the country, in Tamil Nadu the pandemic has still not been brought under control.
The country’s cumulative caseload reached 2,88,09,339 including 14,77,79 active cases, 2,69,84,781 discharges and 2,69,84,781 deaths, as per the union health ministry data. (ANI)
Liked this story? We’ll send you more. Subscribe to TAS newsletter and get stories delivered to your inbox. Click to get started.