MUSCAT: The new movement ban hours announced by the Supreme Committee has come into force at 7pm on Saturday (May 8). Until May 15, the movement ban hours will be from 7pm till 4am.
The decision comes in the wake of rising coronavirus cases in the country. Movement of individuals and vehicles are prohibited during the ban hours.
Following categories are excluded from the movement ban
- Oman Sail to host 50th edition of World Youth Sailing Championships
- More than 3,000 people vaccinated on first day at Oman Convention and Exhibition Centre
- Four commercial establishments in Barka violates Supreme Committee decisions
- ICU cases rise to new high in Oman
- Oman records 31 deaths, over 2,500 new Covid cases in 24 hours
- Health are personnel,emergency vehicles and utility emergency (power and water only).
- Employees of private hospitals.
- Pharmacy staff in night shifts, as regulated by the Ministry of Health.
- Ports and airports traffic personnel.
- Drivers of trucks weighing 3 tons or above , water and waste water tankers.
- Workers in factories, while not allowed to move outside the factory during the movement ban.
- Workers of loading and unloading nope rations in factories and warehouses , while not allowed to move outside the facility during the movement ban.
- On shift petrol stations workers , determined by the Ministry of Trade , Industry and Investment Promotions , in coordination with the marketing Companies.
- Personnel working in oil fields
- Press and media workers in public and private establishments, whose nature of work requires attending the institution during the movement ban. The ministry of Information shall provide them a permit for so.
- Health inspectors ,technicians and personnel authorised of judicial seizure, granted their permits from their official employers.
- Fishermen , beekeepers and food laboratories are authorized by the Ministry of Agricultural , Fishery and water resources.
- Delivery workers delivering orders from restaurants, cafes and street vendors.