MUSCAT: Passengers from the age of 18 and less if travelling alone are exempted from presenting pre-confirmed hotel reservations before they are checked-in at the airport of departure, Oman’s Civil Aviation Authority (CAA) has informed.
From February 15, the Supreme Committee imposed a mandatory institutional quarantine for all passengers arriving in the country.
However, in a revised set of guidelines issued, CAA said following passengers are exempted from presenting pre-confirmed hotel reservations:
- Diplomats working at foreign diplomatic missions accredited to the Sultanate, their families, and diplomats visiting the Sultanate.
- Arrivals from age of 18 and less if traveling alone, and arrivals at the age of 60 and above.
- Aircrew, subject to the precautionary measures issued by the Ministry of Health.
- Sick passengers whose health conditions require special attention as per the attached health form. The exception includes two companions – a female under 18 years old patients and only one companion with male patients above 18.
- Holders of permits for private institutional isolation centers that are pre-approved by the Relief & Shelter Sector.
- For sea crews moored in the territorial waters of the Sultanate, airlines are obliged to ensure that there is a hotel reservation covering the duration of their stay in Oman based on the letter of the shipping agent.