MUSCAT: Oman’s Ministry of Culture, Sports and Youth announced on Thursday that the Supreme Committee has authorized the resumption of sports activities in the country.
In a circular issued on Thursday, the Ministry said all bodies including unions, committees, clubs, national teams can resume sports activities.
However, the Ministry said sports activities must be resumed without the presence of audience. “All sports activities must be conducted by following strict preventive and precautionary measures that guarantee safety for all, and to observe all the controls issued in this regard by the Supreme Committee,” the circular added.
Following are the guidelines that must be followed:
1. Sports federations and committees must adhere to the necessary controls for resuming sporting activity and the necessity to adhere to health requirements issued by international federations for each game.
2. Assigning specialists working in sports complexes and clubs and workers with medical devices to ensure that all health requirements are met in the sports facility before the start of training and matches.
3. Sterilization of all sports facilities before resuming sports activities.
4. Publish the necessary instructions while resuming sports activity at the entrances of sports facilities, social networking sites and public places.
5. Avoiding direct physical contact while practicing.
6.Conducting periodic checks of the players and the technical and administrative team to ensure their safety
7. Technical and administrative staff and workers must wear masks inside the sports facility.