MUSCAT: The Public Prosecution (PP) has reminded government employees that taking a bribe is a crime and can lead to three years of imprisonment and a fine of OMR 3,000.
In a statement issued on Wednesday, PP said: “Obtaining unduly profit or attempting to obtain unduly profit or interest from a job duty by a public servant either for himself or for another or based on information obtained because of his job is an offense punishable by three years of imprisonment and a fine of OMR 3,000.”
On Tuesday, PP reminded government employees that misappropriation of public funds will invite five years of imprisonment and fine.
- Oman wins bid to host World Race Walking Team Championships
- Oman’s Minister of Health meets Chinese envoy
- Oman records 518 new cases, 14 deaths in 24 hours
- Procedures under study for those who refuse to take COVID-19 vaccine in Oman: Minister
- Electricity bills: People with financial difficulties can pay dues in instalments, says Oman official