KOCHI: Indian state of Kerala reported the first coronavirus death in Kochi, a State Minister on Saturday.
State Agriculture Minister V.S. Sunilkumar told the media that the 69-year-old man, who landed in the country on March 22, had been overseas and was in isolation.
“He is from Kochi and was suffering from heart ailment and blood pressure. Since he was already placed under high-risk category, this need not be a cause to worry. The body has now been handed over to his relatives and the funeral will take place later today. There is no need for any worries at all,” said Sunilkumar.
Read More
- Trump pauses 50% Canada tariffs for three days, says US and Canada “have a deal!”
- UN says attacks on aid workers reached record levels in 2025
- Climate change pushes Europe’s sea temperatures to record levels
- UAE residents receive missile alert as air defences respond to threat
- Massive fuel depot fire in Iraq injures around 30, burns 3 million litres of gasoline
There are 1,10,299 people in the state who are under observation which includes 616 at various hospitals.





