MUSCAT: On March 29, a galaxy of stars from the Hindi film industry will arrive in Muscat to celebrate the first anniversary of the Middle East edition of Filmfare Magazine.
Actors including Sonam Kapoor, Tabu, Swara Bhasker, Ishaan Khatter, Jim Sarbh, Jacqueline Fernandez will attend the celebrations that will be held at the Shangri-La Barr Al Jissah Resort.
The red carpet will also be rolled out for actors including Asha Parekh, Padmini Kolhapure, Shatrugnan Sinha, director Madhur Bhandarkar and Jackie Shroff.
- Scarlett Johansson to receive American Cinematheque Award
- ‘Trooping the Colour’: Queen Elizabeth beams watching parading soldiers in her honour
- Dilip Kumar to be discharged from hospital today
- Rajkumar Hirani, Karan Johar team up to vaccinate cine employees
- AR Rahman receives first jab of COVID-19 vaccine
“Last year, 2018 on March 30 we re-launched the magazine ‘Filmfare Middle East’ with Deepika Padukone on its cover page. We are celebrating a successful first year on March 29, the glittering event will have an air of class, luxury, panache and some truly spectacular moments commemorated by the reigning superstars from Indian cinema ranging from Sonam Kapoor Ahuja, Jacqueline Fernandez and Swara Bhaskar,” said Rizwan Sajan, the magazine’s publisher in a statement.
“Bollywood has become a melting pot of bringing together different ethnicities, cultures, traditions and fans from all over the world,” he added.
The show, filled with songs, felicitations and dance, is expected to start at 9pm. Gates open at 7.30pm.