MUSCAT: Indian company McNally Bharat Engineering Company (MBE) will carry out engineering work at the Al Hadeetha Copper Project in Oman.
The scope of work will begin with front-end project engineering, geotechnical drilling, and preparation of detailed designs for plant and other site infrastructure.
The appointment will provide an extended work scope including procurement for the proposed 1 Mt/y copper concentrator plant.
- Oman Arab Bank extends support to families affected by floods in Sur
- Suhail Bahwan Automobiles initiates COVID-19 vaccination drive
- Oman’s Amouage eyes US to Become its second largest market
- Oman’s first biodiesel and biofuel plant opens in Samail Industrial Estate
- Outward Bound Oman appoints Mohamed Zadjali as Chief Operating Officer
“This is another important step forward for the development of the Al Hadeetha Copper Project at the Washihi-Mazzaza site in Oman,” Alara Managing Director Justin Richard said.
“We are pleased to enter this partnership with MBE who have demonstrated a detailed understanding of the technical aspects of the project, possess in-depth knowledge of copper mineral processing and a thorough awareness of all project work requirements in Oman,” he added.
Finalised plant layout as well as a process flow, single-line, and piping and instrumentation diagrams, are due for completion in the June quarter of 2019 with detailed engineering due in early quarter three.