An Indian pilot has been arrested, the Pakistan government has claimed in a tweet.
“In response to PAF strikes this morning as released by MoFA, IAF crossed LOC. PAF shot down two Indian aircrafts inside Pakistani airspace. One of the aircraft fell inside AJ&K while other fell inside IOK. One Indian pilot arrested by troops on ground while two in area: DG ISPR, “ the tweet read.
Meanwhile, in a press release Pakistan Ministry of Foreign Affairs says PAF undertook strikes across LoC from within Pak airspace. Claims sole purpose of strikes on ‘non-military targets’ was to demonstrate right, will and capability for self defence.
- Daily increase in COVID-19 cases in Turkey nears 25,000, maximum for 3 months
- Tokyo Olympics: Lovlina Borgohain takes bronze after losing to Busenaz Surmeneli in semis
- S Korea reports first two cases of delta plus COVID-19 variant
- Hospitals fill up as new mutant of Delta COVID-19 variant spreads in Nepal
- UAE to allow fully vaccinated expat residents from India, Pakistan to return
Earlier, ANI reported that airports in Leh, Jammu, Srinagar and Pathankot are on high alert; airspace suspended due to security reasons; many commercial flights on hold.